Using a CMS like WordPress has plenty of pros and cons, from updating your own content to having to learn the CMS.
- The big advantage is that a non-programming civilian can update your own content
- Updating content is fairly straightforward
- If your website has regularly changing content such as weekly specials, an updating calendar, or a blog, posting your own content could save you a lot of money in the long run
- A CMS poses a larger Security Risk
- You must learn the CMS
- You will need to set aside the man power for updating your website
In my opinion, the most difficult thing about WordPress is learning how to use it. There are a lot of features and being as customizable as it is also adds to the confusion. Although it is a big learning curve, once you’ve gotten the hang of it, it’s straightforward.